Youth Promise Plus
The Youth Promise Plus Project (YPP) is a fantastic opportunity for Young People aged 15 to 29 years old who are currently not in Employment, Education or Training (NEET). This specialised service provides young people access to a variety of employment, education and training opportunities.
Youth Promise Plus is a Birmingham and Solihull Employment Pathway Project supported by the European Social Fund and Youth Employment Initiative.
The Youth Promise Plus Specialist Homeless Service, aims to support Young People aged 15-29 years old in Birmingham and Solihull who are NEET (not in Employment, Education or Training) and homeless or at risk of homelessness.
Who can access the service?
Below is the criteria for people we can support:
- Aged 15-29 years old
- Not in Employment, Education or Training (NEET)
- Living in the Birmingham or Solihull areas
- Homeless or at risk of homelessness
What can this service offer you?
- A mentoring service that is based on your needs and aspirations
- A realistic plan of action in achieving your goals
- Support to obtain skills such as confidence building, interview techniques and training
- Access to opportunities into employment and work experience
- Opportunities to access apprenticeships, volunteering and training programmes
- Access to free travel passes to attend EET activities
- Personal budget to overcome financial barriers into EET
- Plus many more opportunities.
How about coming to one of our regular events?
- Employment, Education and Training (EET) Job Club: Every Thursday 12pm-4pm at 153 Hagley Road, Birmingham, B16 8UQ
- Skills Hub: Held daily at Washington Court, 35-38 Washington St, Birmingham B1 1LB
What is the EET Club?
- Opportunity to meet with the Employer Engagement team, training providers and partner organisations
- Support to access employment, education and training opportunities
- Access to travel cards
- One to one and group support, advice and guidance
- Use of laptops and phones for job search activities
- Registration to COG (helping with career advice and finding opportunities) – https://www.cog-brum.co.uk/
- Lunch and refreshments available
Employer with opportunities
- Do you have opportunities for Young People and want to recruit?
- Would you like to join us at our Employment, Education and Training Job Club to meet Young People?
For partnership enquiries please contact us on 0121 226 5845.