Female Survivors of Domestic Abuse
Always call 999 if you require immediate assistance.
- Over 2 women per week are killed by current or ex-partners, and 1 in 4 women in the UK will experience domestic violence in their lifetime. (British Crime Survey Statistical Bulletin)
- There were 8.5% of women who reported having experienced any type of domestic abuse in 2013/14. This is equivalent to an estimated 1.4 million female victims. (Office for National Statistics, February 2015)
- There were 6.8% of women who reported having experienced any type of partner abuse in 2013/14. This is equivalent to an estimated 1.1 million female victims. (Office for National Statistics, February 2015)
- 28.3% of women had experienced any domestic abuse since the age of 16, equivalent to an estimated 4.6 million female victims. (Office for National Statistics, February 2015)
- In relationships where there is domestic violence, children witness about three-quarters of the abusive incidents (Royal College of Psychiatrists, 2004). This comes to a total of at least 750,000 children in the UK per year (Department of Health, 2002).
Trident Reach the People Charity provides safe and confidential Domestic Abuse Support services to women and children who are affected by domestic abuse. Our support services aim to increase safety and reduce risk. We provide practical and emotional support to deal with the effects of living with domestic abuse.
We offer safe temporary accommodation in Birmingham and Derbyshire to women and women with children in a refuge setting. One of our refuge’s offers specialist provision to support South Asian Women in a culturally sensitive environment.
In our dispersed properties we are able to provide safe temporary accommodation within the community to women, with or without children and we can also accommodate larger families.
Our Floating Support Services can provide support to any adult within the community affected by Domestic Abuse regardless of their housing situation.
All of our domestic abuse services provide individual support to ensure every person accessing and receiving support is aware of the options available to them, enabling them to make informed choices and decisions in order that they can rebuild their lives to live free from fear.
In Derbyshire we provide targeted domestic abuse support to children and young people who are or have experienced domestic abuse including those living in refuge accommodation. The aim of this service is to ensure children and young people who are impacted by domestic abuse are able to access support and feel safer as a result, providing support to those who have lived or live with domestic abuse.
In partnership with the National Zakat Foundation we provide emergency temporary accommodation to single homeless Muslim women. This service aims to offer accommodation along with spiritual support enabling Muslim women to better cope with the difficulties they are facing and positively rebuild their lives.