Equality and Diversity
Equal Chance For All - Our Vision for Equality & Diversity
At Trident Reach the People Charity we are striving to have a reputation for respecting and valuing individuality, developing the talents and contributions of staff, customers, stakeholders and communities, engaging and supporting them to reach their full potential to become socially and economically independent and to help Trident Reach realise its corporate vision.
We are committed to eliminating discrimination and ensuring that everyone is treated with dignity and respect at Trident Reach the People Charity and that;
- No-one will be discriminated against on the grounds of disability, race, colour, religious belief, nationality, ethnic origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation or age.
- No form of intimidating, bullying or harassment will be tolerated.
All employees will be treated fairly and without bias, promoting equality of opportunity on the basis of aptitude and ability particularly in terms of recruitment, selection, training, promotion or any other benefit.
Trident Reach must understand our customers, provide services that meet their diverse needs and have ways to measure whether we are getting it right.
To achieve this we will:
- Implement a framework for monitoring the demographics of our workforce and customer base in relation to the six equality strands of race, disability, gender, sexual orientation, religion or belief and age.
- Consult with customers through our governance structure ensuring they are an integral part of decision making within the company
- Consult with employees through the Employees Council
- Conduct equality impact assessments to determine what effect our policies and services may have on the people who experience them.
- Review all our employment practices to ensure fairness.
- Provide learning and development opportunities that raise understanding of cultural differences and religious customs.
- Support Equality and Diversity champions in each region to promote and share good practice
Our aim is that our workforce and board members will represent the diverse communities we work with. We respect and celebrate individual qualities and differences, utilising employee and customer talents and skills to contribute to the success of the company.